Installing a Falcon Stainless 3/4" Full Flow Water Connector for a water heater or Water Softener
Often imitated, never equaled!
Guideline for Installing Falcon Stainless Full Flow Water Connectors
Installation Instructions are included on the back of every Install Kit
Note: Manufacturer assumes no responsibility for failure due to improper
Caution: When connecting to a copper male adaptor or brass nipple, make sure to file any sharp edges which may contact and damage washer causing leaks.
To correctly install your water heater or water softener, follow the
directions in the appliance Manufacturer's Installation Manual. Water Heaters
or Water Softeners should be installed in accordance with local and state
codes as well as Manufacturer's instructions.
- 1. For use with water in ACCESSIBLE locations only.
- 2. Never use water connectors for gas connections. If you are installing a gas
water heater you will need to purchase the appropriate size gas connector. If
compression fittings are necessary for your installation: cut pipe cleanly,
preferably with a tube cutter. Remove any internal burrs. Loosen nut
approximately half a turn and slip compression fitting over copper pipe until
it meets internal stop. First hand-tighten then tighten compression fitting
nut with two wrenches until locked securely to pipe.
- 3. Check that rubber washer is installed in each nut of each connector. We recommend the use of Dow 111 or similar, non-toxic silicone based lubricant on washers for all installations
- 4. Use 2-3 wraps of Teflon tape (included) on galvanized nipples (included)
and compression fittings (included).
- Note: Some heaters and softeners come with pre-installed male nipples or male
threaded bypass. In this event you will not need the 2 galvanized nipples
included in this kit. If you need to use the nipples included in this kit use
2-3 wraps of included Teflon tape prior to installation.
Caution: Do Not Use connectors to screw nipples in place.
- 5. After applying Teflon tape, bend connector slowly into approximate shape to
join water supply to the inlet nipple of the water heater or inlet of the
softener bypass and connect snugly.
- 6. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN
- 7. Repeat process for outlet side of water heater or outlet side on the bypass
of softener. Turn on water supply and check connections for leaks.
For Water Heaters: Do not light pilot until any leaks are corrected. After
tank has reached operating temperature, re-snug all water connections.